Sex is an important part of any close, intimate relationship. Yet all too often we have grown up with misinformation and shaming messages about sex and sexuality. This can lead to feelings of intense anger, anxiety, guilt and embarrassment about our sexuality. Sexual difficulties in a relationship can exist on their own or stem from conflicts between partners. In either case, it is critical to be able to communicate your feelings and desires to your partner in an environment that is open, relaxed, non-judgmental and sex-positive.
Using psychodynamic talk therapy, education, homework assignments, mindfulness, and behavioral techniques, I work with you to explore your feelings and develop the self-confidence and communication skills to create a more pleasurable sexual relationship with your partner/s. This may be done with your partner/s and/or individually, depending on the issues presented and the interventions that are deemed appropriate at the time.
I work with those who are monogamous and nonmonogamous, LGBTGEQ+ and am kink-friendly.
- Communication Difficulties
- Differences in Desire
- Difficulties with Arousal
- Difficulties with Orgasm
- Issues Related to Pregnancy/Postpartum
- Sexual Orientation or Identity
- Problematic Sexual Behaviors
- Past Sexual Abuse or Trauma
- Improved communication
- Greater appreciation for your partner/s
- Increased self-confidence
- Decrease in anger and conflict
- Increased comfort with your sexuality
- Greater emotional and physical pleasure in your sexual relationships
A Note About Touch and Sex Therapy – While intimate subject matter will be explored, professional therapy never includes any nudity, touch or sexual contact. All interventions are exclusively talk-based.